Turn more research-driven work from ALICE into more scalable solutions & projects. 3 topics described here below in more details (section output).
1. Load factor Optimization, including modular box developments in practice
2. Reducing empty kilometres
3. Shifting from Road to Rail and Water
Which is the Output/what do you want to deliver?
- Issue joint white-papers on all different streams of “horizontal collaboration” ALICE has identified (not only collaborative sourcing).
To the extent this is welcome initiate a project based on one or more white-paper/s in collaboration with ALICE members (and non-members).
- Modular box/ smart box: Identify some of the main use cases for a modular box, each with a potential participant who will discuss value potential, barriers that need to be overcome & minimum viable scope. Assess for each use case whether a standard box is of interest or a particular variant is required.
- Work on an intermodal/rail network collaboration, probably linking to the EC´s S2R JU & visibility. Also connecting to KV 4.0 consortium.
- Establish practical implementation of existing solutions.
How can ALICE members contribute/participate?
- ALICE members (and non-members) will be invited to involve themselves into the work, whether as joint project participant or joining the discussion.
- Members of Modulushca, SmartBox etc can set the direction, participate in small workshops and contribute to the plan
Call for Implementation Cases for ALICE Innovation Award on Multimodal freight transport corridors & networks
Maintaining the functioning of international supply chains and at the same time increasing their efficiency and sustainability requires process and technology innovations, embedded in the service planning, operations and management. This concerns intra-modal systems – specifically addressing eco-friendly modes such as rail and waterways as Read more
Advancing the European Commission’s strategy for Smart, Green and Integrated Transport and Logistics. PLANET & ALICE together at TRA, 14th-17th November, Lisbon
Accelerating the collaborative transition toward the Physical Internet in the context of the new emerging trade routes by assessing the impact of global trade corridors on the TEN-T network and ensuring effective integration of the European to the global network Read more