The main objective is to determine the viable options for zero emission heavy goods vehicles (HGVs) and achieve a clear roadmap, which identifies what are the feasible options for zero emission HGVs for ALICE members. In the next 2-3 years, the focus will be on gathering information on the availability of different zero emission HGVs, both BEV and hydrogen fuel cell and information on the timescales of implementation of both the infrastructure and vehicles as well as scalable and reliable solutions.
Which is the Output/what do you want to deliver?
- To deliver a yearly document that details the state of play of the different zero emission HGV technologies and infrastructure. For both vehicles and infrastructure, the document will identify the challenges, barriers, constraints and what is a realistic time frame for implementation of various zero emission HGVs (BEV, fuel cell). In the process of developing this document there will be significant knowledge sharing with ALICE members and partners.
- Findings will be used to define priorities for research and funding programmes particularly for 2ZERO partnership, Connecting Europe Facility and Alternative Fuels Infrastructure Facility.
How can ALICE members contribute/participate?
- Through the Activity Field section in ALICE intranet where members can include their questions, ideas.
- Contacting the leadership team: John Smith (An Post) and Fernando Liesa (ALICE secretariat) for an update.
- Participating in the sessions to present the results and associated technical visits.