Dear ALICE member,
We inform you on the launching in Oct. 2020 of this specific group within ALICE dedicated to all those companies interested in the technology from a user perspective or with competences, solutions and ongoing projects.
The group is endorsed by ALICE Systems and Technologies for Interconnected Logistics Chair and the whole ALICE Executive Group as a new way to engage with members on concrete topics. Attached you have all the information.
The group will
- Create a good overview of ALICE/ELUPEG members active in the field of blockchain applications for logistics and bring them together to share experiences and learnings.
- Discuss main challenges and potential next steps in the development of blockchain platforms: When to choose for a blockchain application
- Invite external organizations that could add value to the group.
- Enable a framework for the development of collaborative projects with a focus on innovation implementation into (new) market solutions and scalability.
- Define R&I needs that need to be further explored. Where R&I should focus on to overcome the hurdles and facilitate blockchain implementation.
What are we looking for?
- Companies developing blockchain solutions for logistics.
- Companies using solutions/willing to explore blockchain solutions for logistics.
- Research centres addressing specific challenges or with solutions/prototypes.
- R&I projects using the technology to test/develop solutions and concepts.
How to engage
Interested participants need to provide background information through the following and/or contact Fernando Liesa ()
We also welcome presentations/documents to enrich the common knowledge base and who is who:
- For Companies developing solutions. By sharing a presentation of the specific solution, market addressed and state of development (i.e. commercial, launching phase) that could be shared openly with the group.
- For Companies using solutions/willing to explore solutions. A short interest document highlighting which is the pain point they believe could be solved through blockchain technologies or the experience they have with the technology, application field, next steps, remaining barriers. User companies may decide to make this public or not also anonymized.
- For Research centres by sharing a summary of the experience in the field including the specific aspects you are focussed on, the challenges you are addressing and references to relevant publications as well as solutions/prototypes with TRL 7 and beyond and relevant past and current projects you are engaged with to be shared with the group.
- For Collaborative Projects and Initiatives, share a description, timeline, partners and expected outcome of the project and initiative as well as the key challenges addressed by the project and initiative or the expected market solution to be developed.
Fernando Liesa On behalf of Alain Baeyens (ELUPEG) & Jon Kuipers
Dec 02, 2022
Over the past years many initiatives have developed on an EU level around data and data sharing (EU Data Strategy & Data Act). Important legislation around handling and sharing of data has been created and is (almost) implemented. A significant Read more
ALICE – the European Technology Platform ALICE and ICCS – the Institute of Communication and Computer Systems/ NTUA are delighted to announce that the 9th International Physical Internet Conference – IPIC20213, the flagship conference on Physical Internet, will be taking place on 13-15 Read more
For all stakeholders interested in logistics, particularly those who work on sustainability and innovation BOOSTLOG vision is transforming European freight transport and logistics R&I ecosystem to perform optimally boosting impact generation out of R&I investment contributing to EU policy objectives Read more