URBANE – Upscaling Innovative Green Urban Logistics Solutions Through Multi-Actor Collaboration and PI-Inspired Last Mile Deliveries
URBANE, or Upscaling Innovative Green Urban Logistics Solutions Through Multi-Actor Collaboration and PI-inspired Last Mile Deliveries, is a Horizon Europe project that started in September 2022 and will run until February 2026.
URBANE will support the transition path towards effective, resilient, safe and sustainable last-mile transport, through four Lighthouse Living Labs (LL) in Helsinki, Bologna, Valladolid and Thessaloniki.
A key component of the project is the replication of its results and lessons learned. This will facilitated by its URBANE Innovation Transferability Platform comprising Digital Twinning Tools, open models, smart contracts governed by blockchain technology and a data-driven Impact Assessment Radar. Two Twinning LLs will be undertaken in Barcelona and Karlsruhe, demonstrating their own solutions.
URBANE’s commitment to upscaling is further strengthened by the engagement of six early adopters (Follower Cities) in feasibility studies of the innovations’ adoption, thus stimulating the formulation of new LL communities across Europe.
- Analyse the physical, digital, social and business dimensions of complex last-mile logistics delivery systems.
- To define target strategic innovations and develop a new framework to facilitate the co-creation of innovative and green last-mile delivery solutions.
- To set up, prototype, test and demonstrate last mile innovative solutions in four Lighthouse LLs (Wave 1), leveraging green automated and connected mobility.
- Provide the infrastructural enablers for Innovation Transferability including consensus protocols to support collaborative services in local logistics networks governed by smart contracts, Digital Twinning capabilities and data-driven decision-making tools to enable replicability of most performing practices.
- Model, deploy and demonstrate smart solutions in two Twining Living Labs (Wave 2), clearly evidencing the level of adaptation of models and efficient replicability of solutions demonstrated in Wave 1 LLs.
- Develop business plans and design a commercialisation path for key project outcomes.
- Disseminate, promote scale-up, enable effective policymaking, and support relevant LL initiatives at the EU level.
X (Twitter): @URBANE_Horizon
URBANE project overview poster (PDF)
Project Manager at ALICE: Yanying Li
Alice members in the consortium:
9:00 – 10:00 (CET), 8th March 2023, online The event aims to highlight EU-funded innovation projects in urban logistics led by women. The event will be co-chaired by Charlotte Migne, Chair of ALICE Thematic Group on Urban Logistics & Lola
ALICE – the European Technology Platform ALICE and ICCS – the Institute of Communication and Computer Systems/ NTUA are delighted to announce that the 9th International Physical Internet Conference – IPIC20213, the flagship conference on Physical Internet, will be taking place on 13-15
All Project URBANE related past events, news and documents
We are thrilled to announce that ALICE stands out among the key European organisations in the recent publication “Policy options to reduce emissions from the mobility sector: inspiring examples and learning opportunities” by Covenant of Mayors – Europe. The Covenant
ALICE and other Urban logistics projects were at the Urban Mobility Days (UMDs). The 2023 edition was organised together with the Spanish Presidency of the Council of the EU, from 4-6 October in Seville, Spain. The event gathered different level
ALICE will be at the Transport logistic in Munich from 9th to 12th May at the Trade Fair Center Messe München. Transport logistic is world’s leading trade fair for logistics, mobility, IT and supply chain management. Our stand is being
|URBANE is co-funded by the European Union under grant number 101069782. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union. Neither the European Union nor the granting authority can be held responsible for them.
Back to overview