Create a stable group within ALICE to share experiences, projects and initiatives directed to increase the use of Inland Waterways Transport in logistics chains and supporting the common objectives defined in the Memorandum of Understanding with Waterborne Technology Platform.
Through this activity, we expect to:
- Share and get to know ALICE members interests, competences and capabilities in the field.
- Create links across relevant projects and support projects to get exposed to the freight and logistics community in ALICE.
- Support cross-fertilization and identification of opportunities to share shippers, cargo owners and forwarders expectations on future developments of IWT.
- Share and discuss ALICE roadmaps (zero emissions and physical internet) with the IWT stakeholders and connecting IWT roadmaps to a broader perspective contributing to further alignment.
- Share innovative initiatives from IWT targeting increase the use and engaging more users in IWT innovation events.
Which is the output/what do you want to deliver?
- An active community of ALICE members interested and working in the field of IWT to reduce barriers and increase the usage of IWT.
- Webinars and workshops to share projects, results and initiatives.
- IWT digitalisation roadmap aligned with PI.
- Framework for members to realise collaboration opportunities.
- Short document depicting user needs/expectations (IWT vs shippers) and actionable steps.
How can ALICE members contribute/participate?
- For IWT members: to actively participate in the process, meetings and activities sharing knowledge and relevant projects particularly explaining the value proposition for users
- For users: shippers, freight forwarders and logistics companies, by sharing their experiences on IWT (what it works, what it does not), sharing requirements and expectations.