Create a stable group within ALICE to share experiences, projects and initiatives directed to increase the use of Inland Waterways Transport in logistics chains. ALICE members active in the field know other members competences and capabilities. Further contribute to create links across projects (as IW-NET tech. mgr. and liaised with ST4W) already participating in an action for projects cross-collaboration involving several IW projects and BOOSTLOG. Support cross-fertilization and identification of opportunities to share shippers, cargo owners and forwarders expectations on future developments of IWT (e.g. through IWT-NET project). Share and discuss ALICE roadmaps (zero emissions and physical internet) with the IWT stakeholders and connecting IWT roadmaps to a broader perspective contributing to further alignment. Share innovative initiatives from IWT targeting increase the use and engaging more users in IWT innovation events.
Which is the Output/what do you want to deliver?
- An active community of ALICE members interested and working in the field of IWT. ALICE members know each other.
- Webinars and workshops to share projects, results and initiatives.
- IWT digitalisation roadmap aligned with PI.
- Framework for members to realise collaboration opportunities.
- Short document depicting user needs/expectations (IWT vs shippers) and actionable steps.
How can ALICE members contribute/participate?
- For IWT members: to actively participate in the process, meetings and activities sharing knowledge and relevant projects particularly explaining the value proposition for users
- For users: shippers, freight forwarders and logistics companies, by sharing their experiences on IWT (what it works, what it does not), sharing requirements and expectations.