Sep 19, 2019
Climate Resilient Transport Networks Webinar
Tuesday, July 23rd, 2019
Rijkswaterstaat in cooperation with ProRail offers a webinar on Climate Resilient Transport Networks on September 19th 2019 from 15.00 to 16.30 hours.
In this ALICE webinar we will present the challenges and experiences of inframanagers dealing with future climate change in The Netherlands. The consequences for the freight transport / logistics sector will be explored.
Resilient networks need resilient logistics. (How) can we combine integral logistics multimodal solutions with the climate challenges? What is the acceptable failure rate of our system? How can we move forward to a truly integrated transport system that will support climate change mitigation as well as adaptation? What has been achieved already and what is in the pipeline?
Rijkswaterstaat and ProRail will provide the content. We are pleased to announce that The Royal Netherlands Meteorological Institute (KNMI) will also contribute to the webinar.
- Mrs. Janette Bessembinder, KNMI, senior advisor climate services
- Mr. Kees van Muiswinkel, RWS, senior advisor on climate Rijkswaterstaat
- Mr. Onno Hazelaar, ProRail, senior infrastructure architect
- Mr. Stefan Jak, ProRail, projectmanager Sustainable Environment
- Mr. Willem Otto Hazelhorst, senior advisor Traffic and Transport Rijkswaterstaat
More information on the speakers
Programme / topics:
- Adaptation on climate change: the general situation in The Netherlands
- The expected climate forecasts in Western Europe
- The logistics sector and infrastructure: resilient collaboration of modalities and stakeholders? An integral system approach.
- Cross border freight corridors and climate adaptation
- Impact of disruptions on economy
- The transport networks: how resilient are the road, rail, inland waterway systems? How can they support each other?
- Stresstests of road / rail / waterway infrastructure
- General conclusions / topics to be explored
Back to overview