On the 14th of July 2021 the Communication: fit for 55 delivering EU’s 2030 climate targets was published by the European Commission including a comprehensive set of proposals to make the EU’s climate, energy, land use, transport and taxation policies fit for reducing net greenhouse gas emissions by at least 55% by 2030, compared to 1990 levels (Fit for 55 press release). These proposals will have important implications for freight transport and logistics and therefore we need to take full consideration of them in view of our Roadmaps implementation.
As part of ALICE Efficient and Low Emissions Assets and Energy Thematic Group, we are developing an activity to:
- Get updated on the developments within this package and understand members priorities and interests.
- Provide a framework for exchange between ALICE members, the European Parliament Members, the European Commission, Member States and Sectorial Associations to discuss on the initiatives development and provide feedback.
- Develop position papers and shared views.
- Defining joint actions to communicate and create dialogue points with relevant stakeholders.
- ALICE position paper on the on the “FIT FOR 55” climate package.
- ALICE members workshop: ALICE position paper towards Members of the European Parliament. December 20th 2021.
- Dr. Louise De Tremerie, Policy Advisor of Member of the European Parliament Van Brempt, presented the FIT for 55 proposal. November 4th 2021 (More information)
- Legislative train schedule: Fit for 55 package under the European Green Deal
- European Green Deal: Commission proposes transformation of EU economy and society to meet climate ambitions
If you are interested in this activity and you would like to get involved, please fill in the form: