The goal of the thematic group is to identify research priorities related to urban freight and logistics to improve the efficiency, sustainability and security of these activities. The thematic group will contribute to the definition of research programmes addressing the main stakeholders of the sector (cities, industry, retail, courier and parcel delivery companies logistics service providers), including Horizon 2020, the European Framework Programme for Research and Innovation for 2014-2020 and the future Horizon Europe programme.
Additionally, we will support and promote the execution of Research & Innovation projects and initiatives contributing to the Roadmap vision and goals.
The scope of the thematic group is urban freight transport, defined as all movements of goods into, out of, through or within the urban area, made by light or heavy vehicles, including:
- Delivery of goods (business and home);
- Service transport and demolition traffic;
- Shopping trips made by private households;
- Reverse logistics for waste removal and for returns management;
- Service vans for maintenance, supply and removal of parts.
Within this group, we run the Strategic Collaboration Group with POLIS (Network of Cities for Transport)