COREALIS “Capacity with a pOsitive enviRonmEntal and societAL footprInt: portS in the future era”
Monday, July 30th, 2018
COREALIS (www.corealis.eu) requested a Letter of Support from ALICE and joined ALICE Liaison Program with Research & Innovation Projects since the project start in May 2018.
COREALIS is developing an innovative framework for assisting cargo ports in handling their upcoming and future capacity, traffic, efficiency and environmental challenges. It is benefitting from disruptive technologies, including Internet of Things (IoT), data analytics, next generation traffic management and emerging 5G networks.
COREALIS is implementing beyond state of the art, financially viable innovations for future ports. These will optimise the port land use, requiring minimum infrastructure upgrades, while at the same time respect circular economy principles and improve the urban life quality. The innovations will be implemented and tested in real operating conditions in 5 Living Labs (Piraeus, Valencia, Antwerp, Livorno and Haminakotka port) and are briefly named below:
- The COREALIS Green Truck Initiative that comprises a dynamic Truck Appointment System
- The COREALIS PORTMOD aiming to increase operational efficiency, safety for personnel, emission analysis and improved data sharing by modelling and optimizing cargo and data flows within a port
- The COREALIS RTPORT that implements a system for real time control of port operations over a 5G network
- The COREALIS Predictor for a dynamic and optimized port asset management. The COREALIS Cargo Flow Optimizer, aiming to facilitate the port managers and urban planners in their infrastructure investment planning by optimizing cargo flows across all transport modes
- The COREALIS Port of the Future Serious Game aiming to assess the feasibility and sustainability of the socio-economic and environmental development of a port within the surrounding coastal and urban area.
- The COREALIS Green Cookbook aiming to help ports to lower their environmental footprint, assess their energy profiles and move to cleaner transport modes and cleaner energy sources. The COREALIS Innovation Incubator Scheme aiming at making the port the epicentre of the local industrial landscape and support the growth of local entrepreneur SMEs and startups.
COREALIS is expected to achieve a significant reduction of both CO2 port emissions & noise. It will also reduce operational port costs (congestion, waiting and idle times), and establish more efficient connections with the hinterland transport network, improving the modal split to rail and inland waterways.
ALICE members as partners of COREALIS
Project News and Events
Most recent project news and (past and forthcoming) events can be found here: https://www.corealis.eu/#events
COREALIS Focus Groups
You may also refer to our social media accounts: Twitter, LinkedIn, Website
Back to overview