Jul 04, 2017
IPIC 2017 Early bird registration open and Call for Start-ups & Ventures!
Wednesday, April 12th, 2017
On behalf of the organisation committee we would like to inform you that the early registration for the coming 4th International Physical Internet Conference in Graz, Austria is now open! The early registration is available for academics, representatives from industry/government and students until June 2nd 2017. ALICE members may receive registration reductions in case the fee can not be covered by other sources (i.e. Research & Innovation projects, etc.). For more information contact ALICE Secretariat.
Confirmed Keynote speaker and Panellists (excerpt):
- Prof. Eric BALLOT, Mines Paris Tech – Professor of Supply Chain and Logistics and Scientific Director of the Physical Internet Chair
- Carlo BORGHINI, Shift2Rail – Executive Director
- Prof. Rod FRANKLIN, Kühne Logistics University – Adjunct Professor of Logistics
- Ruediger HAGEDORN, The Consumer Goods Forum – Senior Manager
- Gerald HOFER, KNAPP AG – CEO
- Vincent KWAKS, Vanderlande Industries Holding B.V – CTO
- Kurt LEIDINGER, Schenker Deutschland AG – CEO and Chairman of the Board
- Fernando LIESA, ALICE European Technology Platform – Secretary General
- Prof. Benoit MONTREUIL, Georgia Tech – Coca-Cola Material Handling & Distribution Chair
- Andreas PICHLER, Gebrüder Weiss GmbH – Head of R&D and Innovation
To see the full list of all the prominent and important Keynote speaker and Panellists, please visit the website http://www.pi.events/speakers
To see recommended accommodations please visit http://pi.events/accommodations. Make your reservation now! The special rate for the conference and the contingents booked are available only for a short time!
Call for Start-ups & Ventures!
The European Technology Platform ALICE and the Physical Internet Initative are looking for innovations, new businesses and new technologies to make a future Physical Internet happen. At this year´s conference the 1st Physical Internet Award for Start-ups and the 2nd Physical Internet Award for Ventures are to be awarded! So if you are a Start-up or Venture in Logistics and your business model is addressing:
- Cloud/shared warehouse.
- End-to-end smart transport solutions aimed to increase vehicle utilization and/or reducing empty runs.
- Shared and open access to logistics resources and services.
- E-freight, marketplaces and freight forwarding platforms.
- Applications of big data/data analytics to optimize transport and logistics efficiency.
- New modular concepts enabling easier transportation and bundling for urban and long distance transport.
- Block chain technology solutions in transport and logistics.
- Other related to Physical Internet…
We would be happy to receive your candidature. For further details please visit: http://pi.events/content/call-start-ups-ventures
- April 30: Call for Start-up and Ventures deadline
- May 1: Research paper, innovation paper and poster submission deadline
- June1: Paper acceptance notifications
- June 2 : Early registration deadline
- June 16: Revised research paper submission deadline
- July 04-06: 4th International Physical Internet Conference in Graz, Austria
- July 07: ALICE Mirror Group & Plenary in Graz, Austria
For further information please see the website of the event – www.pi.events. If you would like to support the conference, please visit Becoming a Sponsor.
We are looking forward to welcoming you in Graz in July 2017!
Back to overview